Thursday, June 18, 2009

So much news I'm bursting

There are a few reasons I've been putting off posting on the old blog. The first is that I have really big news. The second is that I have tons of pictures to share, but keep hitting snags that prevent me from uploading them. I still can't upload my pics right now (missing cable), but I can share all the news that I've been bottling up for several months. I figure the best thing to do is go with bullets in order of most important to least:


  • I'm pregnant!That's right, you heard me correctly. I'm pregnant. As of Tuesday, I'm ten weeks into about a 40 week journey. I'm eating, puking, getting fat, and loving every minute of it.

  • Nathan got kicked out of the Taxpayers. Rob said it was because he was afraid that when we had kids, it would ruin his dreams of being a professional band. I can't tell you in words the scope heartbreak this has caused me. I still think about it every day. Of course, his reason was probably about 80% a lie, no one fires an excellent and dependable bassist like Nathan, who everyone likes so much, for such a BS reason. But Rob did. I know now just how much he hates family, but I also know that there was a lot more to his decision than the prospect of a kid (I wasn't even pregnant when he did this). The truth is, he never really liked us and now I'm forced to face that truth.

  • Nathan and I took a trip to Alabama over Memorial Day and it was awesome. I took tons of pictures, which I can't upload. So you will just have to trust me when I say that I ate a ton of awesome food and generally had a blast. It was the perfect vacation. I was happy to go and happy to be back. I remembered what I love about Alabama and I remembered why I don't live there. I have a rekindled love of Portland now.



Well, I guess that's the most important things I've been going through, jotted down in the most simplistic fashion to avoid excess emotion. I wouldn't want to be called an emotional preggo before I've actually started crying over nothing. I'm glad I finally got this stuff down and published, because I've tried to start several times and quit. Hopefully I can make a massive pictures post soon and not let so much time go by without posting big important news again.

1 comment:

MaryMartha said...

congrats on expecting a little one!
Sad I missed your trip to AL..I would love to catch up with ya'll sometime! Your hubby would get a kick out of our aweful southern accents :)
I just ran into mrs. Eidsmoe and she said you got to catch up with Kirsten and chris too...so fun..can't wait to see pics.