Saturday, May 16, 2009

Running

I've taken up running as my main exercise. I never thought I would do this, because running has always been the most painful thing ever to me, and I've never had the stamina to run for long. Even running to the end of my block winded me. But one day, I typed in a random search in Google asking something like, "why can't I run" or "why do my lungs hurt when I run" and I immediately hit upon this program. I tried it out, and I didn't die from it. It was really empowering the way I was eased into it and taught how to know I'm running at the right pace. The other day, thanks to Cool Running, I ran for 20 minutes straight, which was 12 minutes longer than my previous record. It feels really good to know that I can run now, even if it's at a really slow pace.

No comments: