Monday, August 31, 2009

Facebook is eating my blog

More often than not, I find myself too tired to write a real blog post, or too boring to fill a blog post. Facebook makes it easy to write a quick one-off update, but it's no substitute for a real post on my trusty old blog. I think I'll still be updating this thing when I'm 80.

Well, I'm now 21 weeks pregnant and staring down the last few days of having a belly button, from the looks of it. I'm really excited and happy about all the support I've gotten from the people in my life. It's very touching. The outpouring of support from friends, family, and neighbors has been overwhelming.

I didn't announce it here, so for anyone who doesn't know yet, I'm having a boy and his working title is Demetri Benjamin, after my sister and Nathan's brother. Every now and again, I feel little Mr. Demetri kicking and it's awesome. I think the other day, he had hiccups, based on a description I read on a pregnancy website.

Overall, I'm feeling very healthy and happy. I know the third trimester is going to be daunting and we have so much work to do that it's also overwhelming, but Nathan and I are working together to get our lives in order. Here's the most recent picture I've taken of my belly, three weeks ago at a friend's wedding at Kruger Farms up at Jantzen Beach.

3 comments:

Senia said...

Where is the like button?? LOL!

MaryMartha said...

oh yeah! I just came to check and see what the baby was...So excited! Better gets some trucks and big pile of dirt...I guess thats what boys play with :) glad your doing well!
Mary Martha

Jorge said...

This is so true!